Tuesday was a less exciting day. Trevon woke up complaining of a sore stomach about 10 minutes before he needed to be at school. Rick and I could not be sure if he was seriously not feeling well, or if he was trying to get out of going to school. He was not running a fever and he was afraid he would miss going to flag football practice, so he said he was o.k. to go to school. I got him to school right as the bell rang. About a half hour later, I got a call from the school...Trevon had thrown up in class. Of course I went and picked him up, and his symptoms got worse as the day went on. Later that day, I decided to take him to urgent care. When he saw the doctor, he pierced his mouth together so tight. There was no way that he would allow them to swab his throat! The doctor could visually tell that he had some sort of infection, so she decided to treat him and not put him through the swab. I was also seen for some ear trouble I've been having...Turns out, I had a double ear infection! So, Trevon and I both walked out of there needing antibiotics. Trevon returned to school on Thursday, just as Rick was starting to feel ill. Unfortunately for Rick, he had to push through as we had signed up to help at the Compassion International booth at the Superchick concert that night. I believe God gave Rick the strength to get through that evening. We had an amazing time! Compassion is such an incredible charity to be involved in and it's a bonus to get to see the concert. We also had the opportunity to meet Melissa (Superchick guitarist/vocals).
We had made plans for the next night as well. We had plans to go to the fair with our friends Becki and Alex, however, Rick did not go to the doctor that day, so the kids and I went without him. It was Becki's birthday, so how better to celebrate than with some great fattening fair food! There's nothing like a hand dipped cheese on a stick...yum! We took our kids to the petting zoo. Trevon started flipping out since he's scared of the animals, so Kiahna hung out with Becki and Alex and their kids.
After the petting zoo, we headed back towards the rides. As we were walking that way, a woman stopped me and handed me tickets for the rides. They were good for 14 rides! Trevon, Kiahna, and their friend Lexi were so excited! I think they had a great time that evening.
Saturday morning started out with a birthday party for Trevon and Kiahna's friend Luke. While I took the kids to the party, Rick finally went to the doctor. He ended up having strep throat and a sinus infection. He was in quite a bit of pain after his appointment! He had to get the strep shot, which is so thick! Thankfully, it helped him to feel better fast, so our family headed out to the fair so we could experience it together. We had lots of fun looking at exhibits, eating fair food, riding the rides, and playing a couple games.
Sunday was a fun day for Trevon. It was his first flag football game. I think he would be happy just running up and down the field. It seemed like he was more interested in making sure that we were watching, than in paying attention to the game. He's just so cute!
Hopefully this week will be full of fun and no more sickness! We are praying that miss Kiahna will stay mighty healthy.
1 comment:
I love your blog Jacinda!! It is so fun to see your family and all you are doing!! Can't wait to read more.
Post a Comment