The last month and a half has been a huge blessing in our lives. First, my parents made the trip to see us the last week of the kids Christmas break. It was fun to have them here, even if my time with them was limited. Unfortunately, my job had me working New Years Eve and New Years (Christmas Eve and Christmas too, if you were wondering). Although that stunk, I love having family come to visit us out here on the little island of Amarillo. I just hope they enjoy time with us...lots of time with us. There is so little to do here that it seems better to sit in the house and talk about the things we could do if we lived somewhere else. At least we have a Wii...right dad?
Second, Jonah celebrated his 3rd birthday! He is a ball of fun...most of the time. He loves counting and learning new words. It has taken him a long time to speak, but now that he does, all I can say is...He's brilliant!:) He, like Kiahna and Trevon, is very strong-willed. I know my mom can attest to that...am I right? He is pretty funny though, and keeps all of us laughing.
Third, Kiahna is back in school full-time! YAY!!! She has been doing so well. We are extremely grateful to the staff at her school for their patience and commitment in getting her back in the classroom. It was definitely a trying time for our whole family, but we are all excited to see her returning to the fun-loving, happy girl that we had been missing.
Fourth, Rick and I had the most amazing opportunity to go to Wellington, Fl (West Palm Beach) January 21-24 and experience LifeChurch.TV. What an awesome ministry team God has put together there! We had hoped to be a part of their team, but God has other plans for us. We are excited to keep in touch with them however, and very excited to see how God works in their community. I believe that they are, and will continue to be, a blessing to their community. LifeChurch.TV has other campuses as well. If you ever have the opportunity to visit one.....DO. God might just use it to change your life.
To anybody reading this, if you have never been to Florida.....GO!!! What a beautiful place! We enjoyed our time there so much. I'm already ready to go back! Many thanks to my mom for flying out, so Rick and I could have time away (kid-free). I also have to sneak in a thank you to my Brother-in-Law John and my friends Becki, Luke, and Christy. What wonderfully, awesome people you are! This trip would have been difficult without all of you pitching in. THANKS!!!
Now for the bad stuff...MICE! They are my worst fear and obviously my enemy. Prior to going on our trip, mice decided to make our home(really the garage)their home. Not a big fan... We have worked hard to get rid of them and were thinking we were doing well until one little pest made his way into the house. Needless to say, my mom was not thrilled, Kiahna was screaming, and I was a basket case...all before school started. You will be happy to know that we caught the little guy. However, I was having panic attacks while listening to him squeak (over and over and over again). YUCK! Today the pest control guy (Luke's dad, who is wonderful if you need someone to control your pest problems) came out and set up traps to rid this house of what seems to be an infestation. Am I exaggerating? I just don't think so...
Well...until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment